Thursday, February 14, 2008

Best Valentines Day EVER!!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!! This year I am having the best valentines day ever. Its usually just another day for me since I think its silly to buy flowers on the most expensive day to do so and I'm not really a chocolate fan so thats lost on me too. Anyways, this year I have my beautiful little angel who makes every day wonderful with her sweet smile and cute laugh. I swear I have the happiest and funniest baby in the world. Cody, unfortunately, is gone at work and school all day today so there will be no fun dinner date or anything but he (well actually I got it and told him he got it for me) got me the movie Becoming Jane. I haven't seen it but from what I hear its great. My parents got us a gift card for a night out without our attachment (AKA RILYN) and a really cute valentines outfit for Ri. We get to go to the dunes tomorrow with Brady and Brooke (finally - I haven't been in over a year!) And, heres the best part, a man at Walmart today walked up to me and told me that I had the prettiest baby in all of North America. I'd have to say that that definitely made my day!! The funniest part is she wasn't looking her best today because she has 4 teeth coming in and has just been dying from it today and her poor little nose has been running all day from it. This is what she looked like when he saw her. I know shes still REALLY CUTE!!

OTHER UPDATES: As I said Rilyn has 4 new teeth that have almost all broken through. That puts us up to 6. She is finally starting to enjoy eating, but only big people food. Her favorites are french fries, green beans, sweet potatoes (but only if I cut them and cook them to look like fries) and the curly noodles. She is SO CLOSE to walking. She uses anything she can as a helper to walk and she can take like one step on her own and then she falls down. She can also stand up all by herself without using anything to pull up. She can also now make it all the way onto our bed by using the doggy steps (its really cute when she reaches the top cause she makes this face like "oh yeah I did it". She is also talking up a storm. Her newest trick besides climbing and walking is clapping her hands and saying yea!! Its cute to watch. She can also ride her rocking horse really well (she sits on it and shakes so he rocks - also very cute to watch). We started going to gymboree, not the store the play group, and Rilyn is loving it. Last week the moms decided she was the amazing genius child because she can do so much. She was even more advanced than the 12 and 13 month kids. It was nuts!! I'm thinking about asking if I can move her up to the next level cause thats the group that works on walking and the group shes in now are barely crawling.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

she is a doll!

Doug and Becca said...

Wow, i can't believe all the things she can do and even say. She is way ahead of my daughter. That has to be so fun.

Jensen Family said...

isn't that the best when people give compliments like that?! she is really cute! and about the chicken pox... no she didn't get her shots..she
s still a month away from getting that. she caught it from my nephew CT. but at least she won't need the shot, right?!

Jensen Family said...

oh and we do gymboree too! its fun!