This weekend we went to Sleepy Hollow for a run I was doing.
The town was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I was expecting some tiny town with a little bed and breakfast. Ashlee was expecting something that looked like the town in Practical Magic or Hocus Pocus. Instead we got something that looked like a college town with lots of huge beautiful homes. It's right off of the Hudson river and everything was hilly and just beautiful. My race was pretty cool. It went through a neighborhood and a park and along the Hudson. You were supposed to dress up so I was Richard Simmons. A very nice gay boy complimented my leg warmers. I think he wanted a pair too. The headless horseman was at my race which was really cool (even if his horse was the wrong color).
After the race we did some sight seeing. We saw the grave of the guy that wrote the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Washington Irving.
We went and found the horseman's bridge (which is not actually the bridge in the story but they pretend it is).
We thought it was funny that the high schools mascot were the horsemen.
The whole town was decorated with scarecrows and pumpkins.
I have to say the funniest thing we saw was crossing the bridge over the Hudson on the way home had a sign for the suicide prevention hot line. It started with "Your life is a gift" so I started thinking ok yeah another "no texting while driving sign" and then it says 24 hour suicide prevention hot line and I started cracking up because of where we were. Obviously I don't think suicide is funny but the fact that they would put a sign on the entrance to the bridge makes you wonder and the fact that they have it on one side of the bridge and not the other. We decided that they must care more about the people that live in Sleepy Hollow. Anyways, it was a quick trip and Rilyn barfed twice (awesome) but other than that it was great. One more thing to cross off the list of things to do out east before we head west. Thanks for all your help Ash. You're the best!!








2 comments:
Hey lady!! You won my shoe giveaway, so send me an email at beth@shutupandrun.net today with your shoe size, which shoe you want and your address!!
Oh my heck. Your fro is AWESOME!!!! I will have to say that it did remind me of richard simmons......but you are WAY prettier than him and don't have a receding hairline afro. Love it. GOOD JOB!
Post a Comment