Saturday, January 21, 2012

Car Troubles

This week we spent lots of time inside keeping warm. The kids decided to be bow heads one night.

Casen rocked the bow Mohawk and Rilyn had a full headfull. They're too funny. Rilyn and I tried to make sugar cookies with hearts in them.
They turned out looking more like kidneys but oh well. Maybe next time we'll get it. Oh Friday morning I went out to warm up the car to take Rilyn to school and the car wouldn't start. My battery was totally dead! Oh no! Luckily Ashlee was around so she came over to jump me. I guess girls working on cars is not something that happens much over here because we had quite the audience. One of my neighbors even came over to make sure we weren't going to blow anything up. Well after half an hour of jumping the battery was still dead. Bummer. So I had to wait until Cody came home so I could go pick up a new battery. The best part was when I came home and installed the battery. My next door neighbor was so impressed that I could change a battery by myself. I thought it was funny. Saturday the kids and I played in the snow outside.




The snow was a little too soft to make a snow man but we tried and then Rilyn destroyed it. Later, Cassidy and I took Ashlee to lunch for her birthday.
We had quite the adventure driving to Wilkes Barre in the snow. Who knew that when you hit thick slush your ABS comes on and the speedometer drops to zero. It's crazy! Don't worry we made it there in one piece. I got to show off my mechanical skills again on the way home when one of the battery connections came loose. The girls were very impressed that I could fix it without calling Cody for help. It was a proud moment. Anyways, now we finally have some snow so were off to go play some more.

2 comments:

Lindsay and Bobbie Brotherson said...

Ashley, I wont lie-I'm pretty impressed that you can install your own car battery! wow!!! I draw the line at putting gas in the car-anything beyond that and I'd be lost : )

Your dad said...

You make your pappa proud Ashley.