Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy 4th of July

We found out that around here the 4th of July is a really big deal. There were parades and fireworks and rodeos and all sorts of fun things to do. We went to an awesome parade in Iowa City.

(Brigg is in red in this picture) There were so many people in the parade and pretty much every single group threw out candy and other goodies. Its a good thing I got a heads up on that and brought the kids bags to hold all their treats. Oh and not to brag or anything but the Oscar Meyer Weine-Mobile was in our parade.
Who else got that?!? And some super huge tractors (seriously the wheels were at least 10 feet high) that Casen loved. Rilyn showed Casen how if you wave and jump around the people make shure to throw the candy right at you.
He got tried after a little bit and took a snack break over by me and the babies.
The afternoon of the 4th we were invited over to a friends house and had a great time playing in the play pool and BBQing.
Of the three families that are there we had 2 sets of twins and a set of triplets. Crazy! And because we're bums the kids were all asleep before the fireworks started, except for Brigg. He and I watched the New York fireworks show on TV. He loved all the colors. The next day we went to Lowes to pick up mulch for the front yard.
The kids and I were all squished in the back because we had so many bags I couldn't sit in the front seat. *On a side note. The kids and I made a stop at Hobby Lobby - Also Known As HEAVEN!!- and picked up some things. Because their carts are so small we ended up needing 3 carts to get out to the car!!
Not quite sure what that says about me but I'm blaming having to bring the babies as part of the reason!
And, sorry Case but this is what happens when you have a big sister. Casen won pretty pretty princess this weekend against his sister.
Isn't he beautiful?

0 comments: