
Well we've had some new stuff going on. First off, Rilyn moved into a "big girl" car seat and so I decided she needed a shopping cart cover. Most of you know how wonderfully frugal Cody is so instead of going out and buying one (the smart thing to do) we decided to make one so my wonderfully talented Nana came over to help us sew. It took me, Nana, and my mom
8 hours to make this cover. The good news it that it works great and Rilyn loves to sit up when we shop. However, I'm never making another one ever again!!
Second, Ri has started crawling really well and is moving onto climbing and standing. Scary! Her favorite things to do now are standing up using the outside of her playpen and standing in her crib when she is supposed to be sleeping. Oh and if any mommy's have any tricks to getting babies to go to sleep at night please share with me! Rilyn will not go to sleep at night. AAHHH!!

She has also moved in eating baby food and HATES it! She is such a stinker. She refuses to eat and anytime anything does make it in her mouth she spits it back out. She won't even eat fruit! Hopefully one of these days she'll just start swallowing food instead of spitting it all over everything around her.

We made it to the Temple the other day to see the temple lights and Rilyn loved it! She liked the talking nativity scenes the best. I think we're gonna have to make it back there before Christmas. Maybe we can take her to zoo lights too. She would love that!
Oh and one more update... I caved and let Cody get an Xbox 360. What was I thinking?!? Oh well, he has fun playing with his brothers and now instead of going to his parents house to play until way too late at night he can stay home with us. The funny thing about it is that Rilyn has decided that she needs to play too. Anytime she can get close to Cody when he's playing shes reaching for his controller. Its so funny. Maybe we'll have to get a more family oriented game (right now we only own Halo 3) and another controller so they can play games together.
6 comments:
that is so funny!! Bry likes to "play" xbox with daddy too! i can't believe you caved! oh well its inevidable! also...bry has a cart and high chair cover the same exact as the one you made! crazy!!! all of her pack n play and swing is the same material too! bry and ry are so alike :)
How cute is she!! I can't believe how big she's getting! We are totally down to play scene it, I haven't ever played but heard it's super fun! By the way about the baby food, my kids did the same thing for about the first month I started them on it. Try the sweet potatoes that was their fav!
Wow!! She is getting bigger each time I look at your blog- it seems like!
Oh- and thanks for sharing about the X-Box. Byron is wanting one- and now I know I really don't want to get him one. I have a feeling this is all he would do, as well.
I am so jealous you made your cart cover. I wanted to make one so bad because I couldn't find a cute one but I am not that talented! Good job! Have a great Christmas, I am sad you won't be at the Christmas party.
Hey!! You're welcome, I'm glad we were able to get it to you before Christmas. I love the cute pancake mix and syrup idea, can't wait to make them Christmas morning! How are things going with you guys??
She is so cute! I can't believe how advanced she is for her age. Way to go on teh cart cover I don't think I could ever do that!
Post a Comment