Monday, May 5, 2008

Cody's Graduation

Last Saturday Cody was able to walk at graduation. We drove all the way out to Cardinal Stadium for the ceremony and cheered him on. Rilyn did really well for having to sit still for so long. Eventually my mom had to take her to the breezeway to let her run, thank goodness for grandma!! And I got my camera back so I was able to get some good shots during the ceremony. My big lens let me zoom almost all the way up to his face!! After graduation Cody's parents took us to eat at cheesecake factory. It was so good!! Its been a long time since we'd been there so it was soo good to eat some cheesecake. The rest of the weekend was fairly uneventful. I had to take some cute pictures of Rilyn after church. She has figured out what she is supposed to do with phones. Its so funny to watch. She even knows how to hold them with just her shoulder and her cheek. I guess she must pay close attention to what I do. Rilyn also really likes berries. She tends to wear more of them than she actually gets in her mouth but she sure has fun doing it! Some other family updates are... Cody takes his final for his anatomy class tomorrow, so GOOD LUCK HUNNY! Also, he has decided that he wants to go to medical school rather than pharmacy school. Kind of a surprise when he told me this weekend but he'll do good at it. Hes very smart. If anyone has any pointers for him when it comes to applying and stuff like that shoot them this way. Rilyn has 2 new teeth. They popped up and suprised me on Saturday cause I had no idea they were even coming in. Now she has 4 on top and 4 on bottom and shes definately working on some molars as well. Oh, and the most exciting, we leave for Florida in 8 days!! We are so excited!! I think I'm probably the most excited because I get to see my Aunt who we don't see very often and my Uncle who I haven't seen in forever!! I used to spend my summers in Florida so it kind of feels like I'm going home in a way. I'm so excited to show Cody where I love to spend time and to introduce Rilyn to traveling, anyone with pointers on traveling with a 1 year old please pass them along. And, Stephanie Meyers new book The Host comes out tomorrow. I'm excited to read it. Shes such an amazing author. If anyone hasn't read her Twilight series you definately should. I think she is by far my favorite author because the way she writes makes you feel like your watching a movie instead of reading and she does such an amazing job making you want to keep reading. Hopefully this next book will be the same way.

8 comments:

laura said...

Congrats Cody! That is awesome! Good luck traveling with Rilyn, Tylie has always been hard. I just bring lots of snacks and if you are desperate people have said to use Benadryl so they nock out but that only makes Tylie crazier so I wouldn't recommend it. I am sure she will be a little angel :) Have fun in Florida!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Congratulations to Cody for graduating!! It sounds like he is off to another adventure, you are such a good wife for supporting him. My only pointer of traveling with a baby is to just go with the flow. Don't get all upset if she is a complete nightmare. In most cases there is nothing you can do and you just have to laugh about it. Don't worry about what other people are thinking and don't ever apologize if she is crying. Just keep your cool and I am sure it will all be fine. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes! We are traveling to Florida in June with Eli who will be 8 months and I am scared to death!

Chunky Monkey said...

Hawaii was wonderful.I will be posting some fun pictures soon.Ummm Tatum was awesome on the plane.Just go buy Rilyn a purse and put candy and toys in it.The dvd player was a god send so if you don't have one borrow ours.(I don't even think Ri like tv that much does she??)Tatum slept for a few hours of the flight.We had Cheetos.She will sit forever and just eat cheetos and be happy.It is funny.See ya Saturday.

Kelly said...

what an exciting milestone! Blue's done the school thing our whole marriage so I know how hard it can be. Sounds like you've got a long road ahead of you. Cody and Tasha's husband should talk about it. I think the DVD player and the purse thing are perfect for travelling. Rylie's age is hard since she wants to walk around, but maybe the newness of a plane will distract her. Have fun in Fl!

Jessica said...

congrats on graduating!! that is so cool he wants to go to med school. When does cody apply? don't you apply right before the school year starts or is it a year before like dental? good luck!!

Colby and Malea said...

Congrats Cody!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to cody on gradutation!!! That is so exciting! You guys have been up to soo much- good to see Cody recovered well- and I love Rilyns pictures- soo cute! Have fun in Florida, I am jealous!! OH- and I still need to get Stephanie Meyers new book!! I can't wait :)

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I can't believe it's been a year since that was us and you had to squish between jessica and I and you were having contractions!! poor girl! WOW- time goes by pretty fast!