Well wasn't yesterday exciting! Who would ever believe that the Cardinals would make it to the Super Bowl and take the lead in the game (even if it was for just a few minutes). The second half was way intense!! My lucky brother in law Frankie was able to go with one of his friends to Tampa and see the game in person. How cool would that be!! Frankie I'm jealous! Cody and I also got new callings yesterday (it was a BIG Sunday for us). We are now primary teachers. I'm hoping this time it goes better for me. Last time I was in primary I was a brand new member and had the kids that were turning 8 (cause thats now a HUGE responsibility - help them get ready for baptism). I was in way over my head so that calling didn't turn out so well but this time I'll have a helper, and he knows WAY more than I do. This also means that Rilyn has to go in Nursery by herself and stay there. This could present a problem as well. Shes SOOO shy and very very attached to mommy so shes going to be a very sad little girl next week. Sorry nursery people. Just be happy theres not a ton of kids in there still. I also have been serving in the scouts (I love it). I've been there for over 6 months now and I've been with the wolves. They are so fun and cute and just a blast to be around. I also love the lady that is my partner. She makes scouts so fun. But that changed yesterday too. I am now a Bear leader (still in cub scouts) and am excited for my first meeting with the boys. I found out that they decided that since I'd been in scouts for a while I would be good to move because they're are putting a brand new leader in there and I will be running things until they get the swing of things. Scary! This weekend we were also able to go to the temple with Cody's family as a start to a long fast for his sweet Aunt Kathy who has been battling Colon Cancer for a long time. It was a sweet experience to be there with a lot of his family. And it was just nice to be there. Since Rilyn came along we haven't had the opportunity to attend the temple very much. I think I need to add another goal onto my list - Attend the Temple once a month. I love the peace and happiness I feel at the Temple. It just makes me feel wonderful to be there. So thats about it for the weekly update. Here is a picture of my Super Bowl dessert from yesterday. The boys think I have
too much time on my hands.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Super Bowl and Changes
Posted by Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute cake! Good for you! We are so jealous you got to be there with the family on Saturday!
Way to go on the dessert!! It was good seeing you this weekend.
Post a Comment