Monday, May 11, 2009

Zoo Run and Mother's Day!

On Saturday we went to the zoo so I could do my zoo run. It was a lot of fun and I think I did pretty good. I did the 5k and my time was about 45 minutes (which isn't that great but it was my first run so I'm happy with it). After the run there was a little event for the runners and their families where there was a band and food and face painting for the kids. Rilyn got a giraffe painted on her face because its her favorite animal. Cody's friend Justin was also in the run so afterwards we walked around the zoo with his family. Rilyn had so much fun running around with Swayzie and Hudson and Harbor. Rilyn decided that she had to wear my shirt that I got during the run because Swayzie was wearing her daddy's. Shes too funny. She wants to be just like the big kids. She also decided that she needed a walking stick because Hudson found himself a walking stick. Talk about Monkey See Monkey Do! We tried to get her to play in the water at one of the splash pads with Harbor but Rilyn wasn't too into the water (she's a bit of a chicken) so instead of playing in the water they played with a ball while the big kids got wet.
For Mother's Day we went to brunch at my Aunt Kerry's house with my family. It was very nice. My mom gave me a present that she and Rilyn had made for me a few weeks ago. Its a cute plate with Rilyn's hand print in the middle of it. So sweet! Then after church we headed over to the Breinholts. After dinner almost everyone showed up over there and Rilyn had a blast playing with a bunch of her cousins.
I feel so lucky and blessed to have an AMAZING mom. She taught me so much and helped me become the mom I am today. She's such a great grandma and Rilyn loves her tons. She is such a great source of support and does so much for my family. I am so happy to have a GREAT mother-in-law. She does so much for our family, is a great grandma, and raised such a great guy for me to marry. I am so luck to have and had such wonderful grandmas. My Nana is such an amazing lady. She has taught me so much and continues to teach me still to this day. My Grandma was a wonderful woman and I miss her very much. She was always there for me and taught me a great deal about love. I am so blessed to be a mom. I have a wonderful little girl and everyday I feel so lucky to have her. She makes my life complete. She is my best friend and I think shes perfect!

1 comments:

kbhull said...

Great job on the run!!
Billy will have to apply and then they match so we won't know anything until Feb. And Wrilgey doesn't have glasses he was just wearing Lainey's. We are still keep our fingers crossed that some way you end up closer to us!!!