Saturday, May 1, 2010

Exciting Times

Well this week was pretty low key because I spent most of the week going through boxes and packing up some things because WE'RE MOVING! We're so excited. We were lucky enough to get an "Ellsworth House" which is one of the houses on the same street as Cody's school. This is our new house and this is how far Cody's school is from our new house (I'm standing in the drive way). Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. We're really excited to get to move closer to a lot of our friends and to have a home that we'll be in for the next 3 years. Now I can actually decorate and make it a home. The timing couldn't be more perfect too because now I don't have to move after the baby is born. This is how I found Rilyn one afternoon. I guess watching mom work is pretty tiring! The weather was so nice this week that we went spent a lot of time outside. Rilyn and her Daddy got into a water fight in the back yard one day. It was pretty funny to watch. We went out to Presque twice. Once for a really long walk and once for a fun day at the beach! Rilyn loved playing with her sand toys. Saturday was a very busy day. We started off the day at Home Depot and then went to 2 baby showers. I made these awesome cupcakes for one of the showers (they're kinda like pound cake and short cake mixed together and then you cut a hole in the middle for the strawberry after you bake them and then you frost them with this like lime glaze and top them with a mint leaf). It was the first time I had made them and they turned out pretty good. I also won the games at both baby showers. I was totally shocked! I NEVER win anything. Go me!

3 comments:

Nunes Family said...

I am sooo excited for you guys to live on Ellsworth!! Fun times for sure. Also I LOVED your cupcakes.

Frankie and Krista said...

So excited you got to move..... i cant wait until we can come and visit!!!!

Jensen Family said...

exciting! he can walk to school, how cool is that?? and the beach looked like so much fun :)