Thank goodness we have friends with experience we can call and ask for their opinion/help. I didn’t want to take her to the er just to have them tell me she’ll be fine. Smitty came up and said he thought it would probaly need a staple and just for good measure we went on a little trip to see a guy in our ward who is a dr for his opinion too. He agreed with Smitty and thought a staple would do the trick. So we headed toward the hospital and luckily got right in to get things taken care of. Rilyn was such a trooper. She didn’t even flinch when they put the staples-2 of them- in (without numbing her). I was expecting at least a tear. Nope. She said “ouch” once and that was that, she didn’t even try to get up or move. I was hoping we could go a lot longer than 3 years before she had her first major owie but I think she’s decided to head down her Uncle Cody’s path (100 stitches by the age of 10).
So now Rilyn’s at 2 staples (we had to call Uncle Cody and let him know that Rilyn’s track record was going to be cooler than his because he’s never had staples). Hopefully we don’t add to that number anytime soon. I have a feeling that it’s a good thing that Daddy is going to be a Dr because with my crazy daughter and a boy I’m going to have my hands full!
Oh and the BIG NEWS… We’re moving to Scranton, PA for Cody to do his 3rd and 4th year rotations. Theres a bigger hospital there than in Erie so he’s hoping for a chance to see more. I’m a little nervous to move AGAIN (for the 3rd time in 3 years AAAHHH) but I’m excited to see more of PA. This will put us only 2 hours from New York City and 2 hours from Philadelphia so hopefully we’ll get to go on some fun trips. We’ll that’s all the news for now. Heres hoping that next week is not nearly as exciting!
3 comments:
Poor little Rylin! I think i would probably cry more than she did.
Aww poor Riley! But Scranton should be fun! (That's where the show "The Office" is set in!
Wow! Scranton?! What is the hospital out there?
Can we come stay with you sometime and see the other side of PA?
Congrats!
Also, sorry about Ry's head. Cute girl.
Post a Comment