Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Big Three Oh!!

This week was Cody's 30th birthday (I know, I know, he's an old fart). He told me everyday for at least a week leading up to his birthday that he had a big test coming up and that he didn't want me to plan anything for his birthday so I said ok and just decided that Rilyn and I would make him his favorite cake

(Texas Sheet Cake) and that we'd pick up his favorite pizza for dinner and then he could go back to studying. Well that was the plan up until the night before his birthday when I get a call from our friends the Meads asking if I was planning anything for his birthday when I said no they told me that the guys (Cody's study buddies) wanted to take us out to dinner and not to tell Cody. So the next day Cody is super excited about getting Stevos and keeps sending me texts and emails asking when I'm going to get it and if I'll make sure to get him ranch and I'm totally playing along. Then 5:00 rolls around and Cody gets home and then the Meads and Mike show up at our house. Cody got kinda confused and thinks I've planned some big party and starts looking in the kitched for where I must have hidden his pizza (sorry babe but there is NO pizza) and then Smitty finally fills him in on the plan. It was so awesome and we are so blessed to have such amazing friends!!
I'm so glad that the Meads and the Lundbergs are going with us to Scranton and we are so going to miss the Youngs and the soon to me Timmeschs. Our friends truely are like our family out here and we love them all!! This week also brought some pretty wonderful weather. The kids and I did our first outside run at Presque.
They both fell asleep and I got a whole 6 miles in. It was perfect! We also got to play outside with bikes
and fly our new kites.
I just hope it keeps getting warmer because I'm ready to not be stuck inside. Casen has been getting into EVERYTHING since hes become a professional crawler and his favorite thing to do is follow Sissy around the house to play with her.
He thinks shes the greatest person ever and just LOVES Sissy to death! We're down to less than 2 weeks until Grandma comes to visit and we go to DC for my 10 mile run. Rilyn is so excited and asks as least once a day when Grandma is coming! I hope the time goes fast!!

0 comments: