This weekend my mom flew in for a long weekend in DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival.
We spent all day Saturday having fun walking around DC seeing the sights.
We got caught in a rainstorm and had to take refuge in the Botanical Gardens, which were actually pretty cool.
My run went pretty good. I finished and thats about all that matters to me. The kids made cute signs and came out to cheer me on.
After my race we packed up and headed back to Pittsburgh for the night. The next morning we went to see Hop with Grandma before having to take her to the airport.
Such a cute and funny movie with awesome music.
I have to share some of the funny things the kids did on the trip:
On the way to DC from Pitt we stopped so I could feed Casen. Rilyn had just fallen asleep before we stopped and as I pulled Case out of his seat and brought him up front Ri started to snore (both of my kids snore way bad its too funny) and Case heard her and goes "Da". I guess he thought Daddy was some where sleeping in the car. My mom and I started laughing so hard. It was so cute.
Rilyn kept asking if we were going to live in the hotels from now on.
During the credits of Hop Rilyn was totally rocking out in the isle. Shes got some awsome dancing skills.
Rilyn and Grandma shared a bed on the trip and they cracked me up at night. They both talk at night so I would wake up to them having conversations in their sleep. I think Grandma was awake for some of them but Ri was definately asleep.
Casen loved the full length mirror in our hotel and spent way too much time looking at himself and giving himself kisses.
Rilyn fell asleep in the stroller facing backwards.
We had such an amazing time and can't wait until June when Grandma and Grandpa come out to visit and help us move. Now its time to start training for my next run, a half marathon in May.
2 comments:
what a fun quick trip glad your race went good
Good job on your race!!
Post a Comment