Saturday, July 30, 2011

Palmyra

This weekend we were able to go to Palmyra for the day. It was AWESOME! I've been wanting to go since we moved to PA but for whatever reasons we never made it. We really lucked out because our old ward in Erie was doing a temple trip this weekend so we were able to meet up with some old friends (which made it even better!!) and they were so awesome and watch Ri and Case so Cody and I could do a session. Thanks Isaac and Hannah! The kids had a blast! Rilyn is still talking about playing with you guys. Come visit us in Scranton sometime! We got there a few hours before our session was supposed to start so we could do the tourist thing and sight see. We went to the Hill Cumorah and hiked up it.



That was no easy feat wearing a dress and holding my little Tank! We made it though and checked out the monument for a minute (it was pretty hot out there). Then we raced back down the hill - I would like to report that the kids and I totally beat Cody even though he cheated and just ran straight down instead of using the path. Our next stop was the Smith Farm and the Sacred Grove.


It was so pretty walking around in the Grove. We stopped and had a picnic out in the grass in front of the house. Then we went to the Temple and did our thing while the kids hung out with Isaac and Hannah and Tad.

The temple president let them go play in his basement so they wouldn't melt which was even more awesome! When we were done we all (Ashlee, Smitty, me, Cody, Isaac, Hannah, Tad, and the kids) went to Cheesecake Factory!! Yeah!! And it was national cheesecake day so cheesecake was 1/2 off. I'd say it was a perfect day!! The end.

0 comments: