Saturday, August 20, 2011

Little League World Series

I don't know how many other people have husbands who love to watch the little league world series but mine does. Personally I think hes trying to relive his glory days of playing on the All Star team. Anyways, since moving to the other side of PA we've realized that we're not too far from Williamsport where they hold the little league world series and this weekend we decided very last minute to go. Saturday morning I went to the fabric store and when I got home Cody starting talking about how much he wanted to go so within 20 minutes all 4 of us were in the car and on the way. We got there a couple of hours before the game between Florida and Georgia and we had to get seats that early because the stands were already starting to get full.

While we waited we all took turns taking the kids exploring. Cody and Rilyn hit up the hill that you can see on TV where all the kids "sled" down on cardboard.
Rilyn had a blast and did it like 100 times. By the time she came back to me she looked like she was going to die from heat exhaustion! After a little break to cool down the kids and I went to go check out the kids fun zone where we won lanyards, pins, and eye blacks. The kids looked so cute with their eye blacks on.

I told Rilyn that it made her look tuff like a baseball player so she was trying to act tuff and when someone sitting next to us on the bleachers tried to talk to him she gave him her tuff face. He couldn't figure out if she was being mad or trying to use "stranger danger" so I had to explain that she was being tuff like a baseball player. The game was really fun to watch. Those kids are talented. One kid hit a homerun his first time up at bat and then his second time up he almost had another homerun but the outfielder reached over the fence and caught the ball. It was close. We had to leave a little early for me to make it to Allentown for a 7 mile run I was doing. We actually made it to the race 10 minutes late so I had to jump out of the car and start running and I was able to catch up with some people and ended up finishing up 71st (not sure how many people we're behind me but I think there were like 100 people in the race). After the race we all jumped back in the car and drove home. 12 long hours later we made it home. Man what a long fun day!

1 comments:

Andy and Micah said...

Andy would be so jealous! He was just talk about the Little league world series. Way to go on your race, you are awesome!