Saturday, September 17, 2011

Run run as fast as you can

I started this week off with a half marathon in Forest City. I was so proud of myself.

I ran it in 2 hours 13 minutes (that's about a 10 minute mile) and I didn't think I would be able to do that so when I crossed the finish line and saw the clock I was a little shocked. Then to top that I finished the week by running 18 miles during my training for my marathon (which is in 3 weeks-scary!). That's the furthest I've ever run and to say I was sore would be a bit of an understatement. I'm just hoping the skin on the insides of my thighs grows back soon. On the plus side now I get to go shopping for new gear. Now onto the people that really matter. Rilyn is still loving school. She comes home telling me all about her day and what she's learning.
She is one smart cookie too. She can do her homework so fast and she is learning her letters so much better. Casen is still trying to figure out where his sis goes everyday but he loves that we get to walk by a little construction zone with "diggers". That happens to be his new word. It sounds more like "deedees" and he also now says "see it" which can mean I see it or do you see it. He's getting so big! Casen also spent one morning helping me decorate the house for fall.



I think we did a pretty good job. Its looking pretty festive around here. Now we just need some pumpkins by the front door but I think we'll wait a few more weeks for those. We were able to go to the doctors house that Cody is studying with this weekend for his son's birthday. It was so fun. The kids loved running around and playing with all the other kids and the best part was they rented ponies! Rilyn went on 2 rides!
Casen didn't even make it on one. He screamed the whole time. He was ok walking next to the pony did not want to sit on the pony. What a city boy!

0 comments: