Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten!

This week Rilyn started kindergarten! What the heck? When did my baby turn into a big girl? Monday night to get ready for school Cody gave her a blessing.

When we got the chair out she thought I was going to give her a haircut and she got a little nervous but once we promised I wouldn't touch her hair she was ok. She is such a goof. After we set out her clothes for the next day and went to bed. She woke up bright and early the next morning ready to go!



We got all ready and walked to school as a family since Cody took the day off. There are 6 kids from her preschool class that are in her kindergarten class so at least she has some familiar faces. Her teacher seemed really nice and Rilyn said she had a great day. Its a big adjustment getting used to not having her around all day. We really miss her. Especially Casen. When we got home from taking Rilyn to school he walked around the house saying "Riree where are you???" for like 2 hours. When school was out we all walked back and picked up Rilyn. She was so excited to see her brother when school was over. I love how much they love each other. Everyday this week since then has been about the same, except that Cody has had to work every other day. Rilyn has loved school (she isn't a huge fan of waking up early everyday, she is NOT a morning person) and comes home excited to play with Casen. For whatever reason we haven't had the open house at school yet (I thought it should be before school starts because I think it makes more since to meet the person spending 6 hours with my kid before I just had her over but hey that's school I guess) so on Monday night I get to go meet the teacher and check out her classroom and hear about her plans for the year. Another fun this we did this week was throw a baby shower for Ashlee.




Rilyn was so excited to get to be a part of the big girl fun. We had fondue and made headbands for baby girl Meads. We had a blast! So excited for you guys, Ashlee and Smitty! Can't wait to meet baby G.

0 comments: