Saturday, September 15, 2012

Holy Shiz!

This week was my birthday! I started it off by running a half marathon. I actually ran the same half marathon last year the day after my birthday. This year it happened to be the day before my birthday so basically I ran the same race twice in one year. That's cool. Anyways, race went well, my time sucked but hey at least I'm out there running 13.1 miles instead of sleeping in. My actual birthday was Monday and Rilyn remembered right away and told me happy birthday. She also informed me I needed a cake and since I was too dang sore from my run the day before I bought one. My girlfriend Carrie was nice enough to bring me lunch to celebrate. Thanks Carrie you're awesome! After dinner we ate my yummy birthday cake and Rilyn kept asking when my friends were coming over for a party. Sorry sweetheart, Mommy's old so we don't do parties anymore. Oh and the topper of the night was going to meet the teacher night at Rilyn's school. Nothing says parent like celebrating your birthday at meet the teacher night. Oh well. Don't think that the excitement ended there though. Oh no, see Cody and I had this little secret that we had been keeping and we were planning on keeping it a secret until we had a bomb dropped on us, an awesome exciting bomb, not the wold ending kind. Anyways, Tuesday I went to the dr and everything was fine things just seemed a little further along so the dr ordered an ultrasound to verify dates and what not. Oh in case you couldn't tell the secret was we are adding to the family, shhh don't tell. So Thursday I go to the hospital for my ultrasound and the tech tells me well I have a surprise for you... There's 2 of them!

WHAT?!? How is that for an amazing birthday present! We are so dang excited! I think my mom had the best reaction when I told her which is where the post title came from. I called her and she told me about how horrible her remodel is going and all I could think was do I tell her now or call her back so I said "wow I'm sorry to hear all that. I had an interesting day today"
Mom: "Really? Why?"
Me: "First do we have a history of twins in our family?"
Mom: " No, why?"
Me: "Because I'm pregnant with twins!!!"
Mom: "Holy Shiz!"
Yes mom, our feelings exactly! We are so surprised and excited and overwhelmed but mainly excited! Especially since I'm due while we will be in Arizona so I will have lots of helpers and our families can meet the babies right away! We don't know what we are having yet but they are both healthy and right on track and we are crossing our fingers, and praying, and doing everything else hoping that things stay that way. I'm 12 weeks along so we are past the scary part. Rilyn is so excited about there being 2 babies but she is very confused about how there can be 2 babies at one time, she's not alone there! Casen has no clue what's going on but he's happy because everyone else is happy. We will keep everyone posted on everything as we get closer to our due date but I don't think I will ever forget my birthday this year! BEST BIRTHDAY WEEK EVER!

7 comments:

Nunes Family said...

Oh my gosh!!! So excited for you guys!!! Best of luck. I hope your feeling ok.

Nichole said...

Wow! That is exciting news! Congratulations!

Nikki Schmidt said...

Omg! Congrats friend so excited for u guys!

Andrea said...

As they say in Utah - "Oh my heck!" That is so awesome, a little scary, but mostly awesome! So happy for you!

Lindsay and Bobbie Brotherson said...

aaah! That's awesome! I'm so excited for you guys.

Josh & Elise said...

That is so crazy. I am so excited for you guys! Congrats!

janaemadsen said...

I'm so excited for you! congratulations.