Friday, March 28, 2008

News from our neck of the woods

We have had a great few weeks around here. Easter was great. Spring break was fun. The weather has be AWESOME! We spend just about all day outside. Its so fun. Rilyn is getting bigger everyday! Shes crazy and so fun. She has just the biggest personality. She turned 10 months on Monday. I can't believe it. Only 2 more months until her birthday. Cody's last day of school is next Monday. I'm so glad that hes almost done!! Its been a long time coming!! I got a new calling in the ward. I'm now a cub scout leader along with another lady in the ward. I'm with the wolves, which are the boys who just turned 8. I went to my first meeting on Wednesday. It was so fun!! The boys are so fun and sweet and it is going to be a blast working with them and Sister Dwiggins. Its kinda taking me back to my girl scout days. Today we are going to sign up Rilyn for swimming lessons at the YMCA. Its for 4 weeks in April. It will be a good introduction to swim lessons for this summer since we'll probably take them through the city this summer. It'll help me get a tan before Florida too!! And on a sad note, my nice new camera that I got for Christmas had an accident and the lcd screen came off completely and I can no longer see my pictures after I take them or use any of the cameras functions. I'm sending it in to Canon to see if they can fix it under warranty so keep your fingers crossed for me. Hopefully it wont take too long to fix it. I love my pictures I get from it and I need it back in time for Florida and Rilyn's birthday!!

Oh and for you guys who wanted to know how to make the board that we gave my brother for his birthday it was super easy. I used a piece of plywood that I just painted black and then used modpog to glue the pictures to the board and then over the pictures to seal them. It was super easy and cost less than 10 bucks to make!

6 comments:

The Read Family said...

Looks like you guys had quite an eventful Easter!! Rilyn looks so cute in her Easter dress and hat. I can't believe how big she is now!! Your new calling sounds super exciting. I bet the eight year olds are a fun age to work with. You'll do so great with them. We need to get together for lunch sometime. It seems to be a monthly ritual for our Husbands so we might as well have the same privilege...right??

Josh & Elise said...

Hey Ash-
I am alive! The countdown is on to graduation...We are going to have a party so text me your address so I can send an invitation! Hurray for almost being done! Hope your camera gets well soon. Love ya girly, Elise

Kelly said...

What a cute blog. What are you going to FL for? Just curious if it was Houston's wedding. I need to get my kids in swim lessons too - I was just thinking that this morning. You know how fast it gets hot here.

laura said...

Thanks. I was going to ask you how to make that picture board. It is so cute!

Jessica said...

I can't believe rilyn is wakling! that's crazy! that's awesome cody will be done with school (for a while!) I come in april again so hopefully I can at least see you at church!

Natalie said...

How did you find out about swimming lessons for babies at YMCA? I am looking for a class for Kara this summer in the West Valley.