Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Poor Cody

Cody has been having some stomach pain the last couple of weeks and finally this weekend it became too much to handle and we spent 4 hours Sunday morning in the ER at the new hospital on Higley and the freeway (very nice hospital if you've never been there). Anyways, they told us they thought he was having a gallbladder issue, like stones or a pallop, and gave him pain meds and told him to go to a doctor on Monday. Monday, Cody went to our family doctor who said he thought it was appendicitis and sent him to a surgeon who specializes in stuff like that, who sent him straight back to the hospital (different hospital this time - Gilbert Hospital, very small but nice) where they did more tests, xrays, ct scans, and hooked him up to an IV. A few hours later he was being prepped for surgery. Well, while in surgery they notice that its not his gallbladder or his appendix hurting him it was some layer of fat called his omentum (probably spelled that wrong but thats how it sounds) that had twisted its self causing him lots of pain. Poor guy. Anyways, they removed the omentum and his appendix (its useless and hey since they were there may as well) so now hes home, and thanks to lots of pain meds, resting. The doctors said he should be up and running in about a week so I'll be waiting for that. I have some really cute pictures that I'll have to put up when I have more free time so you all can see Cody pre and post surgery including the scars (it was laproscopic so he has a few little incisions, nothing major). Rilyn was such a good girl at the hospital. She was great and she helped Daddy feel better. Thank you so much to my parents for helping me with Rilyn last night so I could go back to the hospital and thank you to his parents for your support and for staying with Cody at the hospital so I could try to put Rilyn to bed, and thank you to everyone who had him in their prayers. We'll keep you all posted!!

4 comments:

Jensen Family said...

awe poor cody! well atleast they figured out the problem and now its fixed!hope he's 100% soon! you and nate can relate..i had surgery last week too and he had bry all by him self for a week :/

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

I like how the doctors just decided to rip out another organ since they were already in there. If you need a lawyer let me know! Haha, just kidding. I don't practice that kind of law but thought that it was funny (not that his pain or his plight is funny, so get off my case). Hope Cody is doing well. I am sure he is milking it. lol. Get well soon!

Logan

Chad said...

Its pretty sad that I know what the omentum is. Hope you are doing better Cody. I took the omentum out of my cadavar a few months back and she is still doing okay so I am sure you will get through it just fine. Let me know how Med school apps go. Hopefully you end up out this way.