Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ut-Oh

Ok so since Rilyn was born my love of photography has really grown. I've always enjoyed taking pictures and learning how to work cameras and figuring out neat things to do pose wise and fun stuff like that. Well today I was taking more pictures of Rilyn so I would have more options for her birthday and I was having a blast with it! I made her a tutu last night and dressed her up in that and her fancy necklace and some cute pigtails and her hot pink cowgirl boots. Then I took her out and posed her on the bale of straw I set up earlier this morning in the perfect spot and started shooting. I got some great shots too. Check out how cute they are. Well after a few minutes Rilyn was bored so I put her on the ground before she decided to put herself there (never a good thing when she does it herself - always ends in crying because of injury). Anyways, I put her down and snapped a few more shots and then started looking to see what I had gotten.


While I did that Rilyn went exploring and because of her lack of skill when it comes to walking in boots, ended up falling face first onto some really sharp rocks. Poor baby!! Her face is so scratched up and red and puffy. Luckly she only got a few shallow scrapes and nothing too serious but I still feel aweful. And I guess I'm going to have to make due with one of the pictures I have already since I don't think her face is going to heal in time to take another round. If anyone has any ideas on what to put on her owie so it doesn't scar shoot them over. I've been putting neosporin on it for now but once it starts to heal I might start using medirma if I need to.

3 comments:

Frankie and Krista said...

I hate it when they fall on there face! Sera had 5 stitches on the corner of her eye when she was 1. I just used neosporin and then vitamin e oil. Can't even see the scar now. Give Ri a kiss from all of us!

The Read Family said...

Poor baby, I hope she is feeling better now!! At least she looks adorable in the few pictures you managed to get before her accident.
I always use "Bag Balm" for owies on their faces. Just because those are the ones you for sure don't want to scar. It seems to heal a little better than the other antibiotic stuff.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

sooo cute! i can't believe she is almost 1!!! ahh... where does the time go??