Monday, April 6, 2009

DISNEYLAND!!

This last week we had an awesome trip to DISNEYLAND and CALIFORNIA ADVENTURES! It was so fun! Rilyn loved it. She had so much fun. We (Cody, my dad, Rilyn, and I) flew down on Thursday morning and my mom met us at the airport and took Cody Rilyn and I to Disneyland so we could play. It was so fun. We did a lot of little kid things and tried to find the princesses (mainly Ariel and Cinderella because they are Rilyn's favorites). We even stood in line for over an hour to get into the Princess Plaza only to find that it was Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Pochantas. (I wasn't aware that Pochantas was included in the princess category but whatever). Then my parents met up with us around dinner time so that Cody and I could spent Thursday night going on the big kid rides. It worked out great. We got a fast pass for Space Mountain (we're in the second row) and while we waited for our time we ran around and got on all of the other rides. We hardly had to wait for more than 20 minutes for anything. I think we waited less than 5 for splash mountain. (Cody and I are in the very back of the log, you can only see Cody's hat) It was kind of like it was Cody's first time at the park because it had been so long since he'd been and because he hadn't been on any of the rides we did. On Friday we all went to the park together and did even more kiddy rides. Rilyn also got her first taste of Disneyland Churros. Needless to say she was hooked. She made Pops share with her everytime he had one. She even saved part of one for the next morning. The breakfast of champions - Day Old Churro. Cody talked my dad into the roller coaster at California Adventures. Dad said he was done with grown up rides after that. On Thursday Cody and I figured out that the Buzz Lightyear ride is a game that keeps score so we challenged my parents to a competition. It was intense. Cody won with my mom coming in a close second. My parents also helped us look for the princesses and while we are able to find Cinderella we just couldn't track down Ariel. We asked around and found out that shes always in her restaurant (Ariels Grotto) but you have to eat there to see her. My AWESOME parents took us there for lunch/dinner and Rilyn was able to meet Ariel! She was so excited. She even got to see her twice because she didn't smile in the first set of pictures so we asked them if she could try again later and they let us. Of course she didn't smile the second time either. I think she was in SHOCK! The other princesses that were at the lunch were Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. It was perfect and the food was AWESOME! The funniest part was during dessert they bring you out this huge platter and it has a white chocolate Ariel on it. We let Rilyn have it and she starting biting it saying "Where did she go?" and then taking another bite and laughing. She is so funny! Rilyn also got her own set of ears with her name on them. She wasn't too into wearing them but I thought she still needed them. She did so good when she met the characters. I was worried that she would freak out but she loved it. She gave Pluto high fives and was really into Minnies and Goofys faces. I was dying laughing while she was petting Minnies nose. We happened to run into Handy Manny while he was walking through the park. We walked up to him and asked for a picture but he wanted to go stand on the sidewalk and not in the street and of course since they're not allowed to talk he grabbed my hand and we walked down the street holding hands. It was pretty funny. I told Cody he had some competition but he wasn't too worried. Rilyn's favorite ride was the catepaller in the bugs life area. It was neat because it would make the area of the ride smell like the food you were traveling though. She also really enjoyed watching the parades. As you can tell they're all really into it. This is us on the tram headed back to the car after a long day at the park. Do we look as tired as we felt?On Saturday we went to Newport Beach and ate lunch out on one of the piers. We discovered that Rilyn LOVES fried clams (I was kind of worred about it because I'm deathly allergic to shell fish but she had no problems). Then we walked around on the beach before we had to go to the airport. It was such an awesome trip and we are so lucky that my parents were able to come with us. Thats going to be our last family trip for a while because we have some big changes headed our way. Thank you so much mom and dad for all of your help on the trip and for letting us have fun without Rilyn!
All in all she met:
Micky
Minnie
Pluto
Goofy
Woody
Cinderella (twice)
Sleeping Beauty (twice)
Snow White (twice)

Belle
Ariel
Handy Manny
Pochantas

6 comments:

*Becky* said...

Wow looks like you guys had a bunch of fun!! I can't wait to take Kody someday! So what big changes?? Is there another babe on the way?? And I think Kody would freak out at the characters, but it's hard to say

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

NO baby on the way!!!!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

That is so exciting and it looked like so much fun!! next time you need to bring me in your suitcase!!

Aaron and Mandy said...

I am so happy I found your blog. Looks like you had a blast at Disneyland. Lucky! Cheers, Mandy

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew as many 'characters' as Rilyn does. What a lucky girl.
Miss you guys! Have a happy Easter.
Aunt Kelly

Laura said...

How fun! I can't wait to take Tylie. I am with Rilyn, the churros are the best!!