This week Rilyn learned a new trick. Actually a few of them. She has figured out how to work the dvd player and spends a lot of time putting dvds in the player only to switch them 5 minutes later. I think I'm going to need to invest in a scratch repair kit because just about every dvd we own is now scratched! I wish I had a way of locking it all up where she can't reach! Her other new trick is sticking spoons to her nose. How cute is that? I love it! It may not be the most lady like trick in the book but it'll definitely make you laugh when you see her do it. On Saturday I walked a 10K with some friends from church.
One of the girls in our ward set this up and called it the "Keeping It Holy half marathon and 10K" because just about every city race here is on a Sunday so she did a Saturday. The shirts are really cool because our names are on the back! I love it! I was going to run it but I'm way out of shape so I walked really fast instead. It works. Its always nice to feel like you did something good every once in a while. Part of this that I will always remember is that I walked to the sound of gunfire because its duck season so the lake was lined with hunters. It was quite an experience. When I got home Cody had to go study and was gone all day thanks to his really hard classes that hes in right now (I'm so glad I'm not the one in med school) and Ri is really into Christmas right now so she convinced me to put up the Christmas trees. Yes trees.
We have a big one where the presents go and
she has one for her room. I know its a little early (or really early) but the way I'm justifying it right now is that shes really into Christmas and this way we get to enjoy them. Next year I'll be waiting until after Thanksgiving for sure. And I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving to put up the rest of the decorations but I can handle the tree for a little extra time. I mean its only like 20 extra days right? When I have the house all decorated I'll put better pictures of the tress up. I know ones really dark and the other one you can't see the ornaments.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Look what I can do
Posted by Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks at 11:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so proud of your tree! I just put mine up today so you'll have to check in maybe tomorrow pictures.
*for* pictures. I forgot that word. heheh
Pretty trees! Are you guys coming back for Thanksgiving??
Hey. I know we are supposed to be visit teaching this week, but sadly- Faye is sick and I think I am getting sick all over again. My symptoms are exactly what they were two weeks ago: A sore throat, head and body aches. If I get sick again I will die. If I am getting it all over again- I will be out for 2 more weeks.
So, how should we go about now?
ps. I'm sorry my immune system isn't on board.
that's awesome u have ur trees up!!! and congrats on the 10k!
Post a Comment