Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a blast this Thanksgiving. Cody was out of school most of the week and it was a lot of fun to have him at home because we NEVER see him anymore. One fun thing we did was build a gingerbread house. Rilyn ate most of the candy as usual but she loved it. I wasn't sure how Thanksgiving was going to go being away from family but we've made a new family out here. We went to our friends the Meads' house and had a blast! Rilyn just loves "Ashwee and Mitty". My job was the pies. I love baking especially with my cute little helper! Rilyn really like the pumpkin roll. She kept sneaking handfuls out of it when we weren't looking and by the time we served it one end was totally destroyed! Little Stinker! We tried to go to the beach in between the meal and dessert but it was FREEZING so we only lasted like 5 minutes. It was an interesting 5 minutes though. (Cody had to help Ri "paint" the sand yellow) Then on Friday I decided to try out this whole Black Friday Shopping that it seems like everyone does. This was my first year and I have to say I'm NEVER doing this again! I went to Target at 4:30 to stand in line (which I did in the FREEZING rain) only to finally get in the door and have EVERYTHING on my list gone! Yeah, I was bummed! So I went back home and slept for another hour and then we looked online for what we needed and headed to our Walmart (also a very crazy place) and were able to get: Our new TV and DVD player, Our new portable DVD player (actually I got this one at Target), and Our new GPS (this one is really from Kmart on Thanksgiving). Then we put up the rest of our Christmas decorations. Rilyn's favorites make noise and have already "broke" (or maybe their batteries mysteriously disappeared). On Saturday we went over to the Meads house again to watch the BYU game. What a good game. We were cheering for ASU (even though we weren't watching the game cause its not on TV over here) and we were so sad to see that dropped punt at the end of the game. It was so close!! This next week should be exciting. Its going to be COLD and its supposed to really SNOW (not just the mushy stuff thats been coming down). Better go buy a sled for Ri!

2 comments:

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Oh Merry Christmas to you! LOL I spent the night at Target to get stuff too. I got the stockings at pottery barn kid online. I figure I would spend more on a nice one they could have forever.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I love the laptop next to the baking. That's how I do it too because I don't want to take the time to write down the recipe.