Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Time

This week Cody got some tickets to ZooBoo from someone in our class so we were able to go have a great time down there together as a family.

 


Rilyn is our beautiful princess

and Casen is Batman.

They look so cute! The kids got to put on their costumes and walk around the zoo (and get candy!). Rilyn had a blast dancing on the stage

and both kids had pumpkins painted on their faces.

We also went to a pumpkin carving party this weekend. It was a lot of fun to see what everyone else was doing to decorate their pumpkins. We decided to make Rilyn a Cinderella pumpkin.

Ri helped me take out some of the seeds (she used the scraper to move as much of the nasty stuff away from one seed and then she would reach in and take out one seed at a time). Her pumpkin was HUGE and took a long time to carve. Casen fell asleep at the party so I decided to carve his at home. I thought Batman would need a bat signal so here it is.

I think he likes it. Then for my big pumpkin I decided to make it say our name.

It was kind of tricky but I think it turned out cool.

Now I have one more tiny pumpkin left. I have to decide if I want to carve it or not. I think I may wait so I can take some nice pictures of the kids in their costumes before Halloween. Next week should be a lot of fun. Rilyns school is having a Halloween party that I'm helping with. Our ward is having a Trunk or Treat for the kids and Wegmans (our big grocery store) is doing trick or treating on Saturday. Hopefully the weather stays nice and its not raining for actual Halloween.

1 comments:

laura said...

How fun! Your kids are getting so big!!