Saturday, June 18, 2011

New York with Grandma and Grandpa/ Father's Day

This last weekend we made a quick trip to the Hampton's with my parents to see my brother.

Boy was that a fun car ride! Next time I think I'll try to space out my long car trips with the kids. Two 6+ car rides in one week was a little much for them. I don't think Casen ever wants to see a car seat ever again. It was a nice trip though. The beach was beautiful. We spent a morning there while we were waiting for my brother to get off work.
Rilyn and grandpa made a huge sand castle and I wore a bikini in public for the first time since having Ri (thats 4 years ago incase you forgot). The town was very cute and nice (just a tad overpriced). My brother is interning at a beautiful golf course and we got to get all dressed up and go on a tour. We decided to drive home at night and somehow ended up driving through downtown New York at about 1am. We saw time square and 5th ave. It was a pretty cool accidental detour. We got home around 3:30 and got a few hours of sleep before the kids were waking us all up. Then the grandparents hit the road to go home. We miss them lots already and Rilyn keeps asking when we're going to Az to visit. The rest of the week we spent trying to finish getting the house in order. We're pretty darn close. Just a few little things and then I can put up pictures the house. I do have to say that there is a great park down the street from us and we have been there everyday.
It's great. Oh and right across the street from the park is a brand spankin new school (they're finishing up the building now) and it is where Ri is going to go to preschool next year. One plus for Scranton is they have free preschool through their school district. I just hope this school ends up as great as we've been hearing. Now onto Father's Day. The kids worked very hard on this beautiful tie for their daddy.

He loved it so much he wore it to church (now there's a way to make a first impression at the new ward). I'm very grateful to have such an awesome Dad who came out to help us move and who does so much for me and my family. My kids love him so much and I'm so grateful for all the time he spent with me and on me while I was growing up. He's an amazing man. I'm grateful to my Grandpa for the wonderful man he is. I'm grateful for my husband and for the great father he is. He loves our kids so much and has been trying to spend as much time playing with the kids to make up for the last 2 crazy years. They love how much fun daddy is and I know they will always remember the little things like dad playing games and swinging them on the swing set and helping them ride their bikes. I'm grateful to my father in law for helping raise such a great guy. I love all of the dads in my life and I am very blessed to have them all. Happy Father's Day Guys!!

0 comments: