Well we've been in our new place almost 3 weeks now and we're starting to feel really settled in. We're starting to know our way around town and the house is almost finished. Scranton, for those who don't know, is a very old town that used to be a coal mining town. Our neighborhood is very packed in together. I swear some of the houses you can reach out of a windown and touch the next door neighbors house. No joke. Its a tight squeeze. We have a downtown here that reminds us more of living in a big city like DC or Pittsburgh but its cleaner than those. We also have lots of hills here. Makes is look way different than Erie and totally kicks your butt when running. (Speaking of running, thanks for the new running shoes Mom and Dad. They're awesome!) Anyways, back to the house. Its really really old. One of our neighbors told us that she's lived in the house 2 over from us for 70 years (she's not that old it used to belong to her parents) and that when they moved in their house wasn't new. Basically our house was probably built after WWI (there seems to have been a housing boom out here around then because in Erie our first house was in a neighborhood that was built after the war). This house has the same old fashion door hardware as our first house in Scranton that I think is really cool. Our landlord really hooked us up in this house. We have brand spankin new carpet and fresh paint. It looks really nice. Oh and did I mention the ceiling fans in every room. Heck yeah! Its awesome. We have stairs in this house which I'm trying to get used to. So far Casen has fallen down them once and that lead to us buying babygates for both ends so now he can't get anywhere near them. Up stairs we have three bedrooms and the bathroom.
Rilyn has a HUGE closet (it used to be a stairwell to the attic but its been closed off and turned into a closet). Casen's room is kind of a funny shape but luckily he's small enough that we'll never have to have a twin size bed in there. Downstairs we have the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen.
The kitchen is HUGE! I think I could fit at least 5 of my last kitchen in there. Its awesome! We also have this great deck outside the back door and a nice backyard. So basically thats our new house. If anyone wants to come check out Scranton give us a call. We love visitors. Cody still has one more week until he has to start rotations so hopefully we'll get to do something fun before its back to work for him. Oh and did I mention that my baby boy turns 1 on Tuesday? Yeah I'm a little in shock trying to figure out where the time went and how its already June.
3 comments:
wow you look like you are all settled in crazy cas is already gonna be 1 seems like you just had him
What a cute house!! So nice to have your parents around for a bit. Enjoy your last week with Cody!!
So fun! I love old houses. I can't wait until we can come visit at some point. We miss you guys glad you got all moved in. I will call you soon!!
Post a Comment