Saturday, May 19, 2012

Most Improved

This week in softball Rilyn's coach said she was the most improved hitter. We've been making her practice everyday. Her hitting is what needed the most work. I am happy to say that she is AWESOME!

At her game on Friday she hit the first ball that was pitched and first time at bat and the third ball pitched her second at bat. AMAZING!! She also had an awesome cheering squad (Ashlee, Cassidy, and Mike came to the game) so she was pretty much in heaven. She told us after the game that we still weren't loud enough and that we need to invite more of her friends to come watch so more people will cheer for her. High maintenance much?

Oh and this week I picked up one of Rilyn's birthday presents a little early because they seem to be in high demand and I didn't want it to come to the night before her birthday and I'm driving all over town trying to find it. Anyways, I thought I hid it well. She walked by it about 10 times before it actually caught her eye. So needless to say she got her birthday present, her new Beta fish, Twofer, a week early.
I have to share the conversation we had when she found the fish and then the discussion about her birthday after:
Rilyn: Mom why is there a fish in your basement?
Mom: What fish?
Rilyn: Mom there is a fish right there. Why is it in your basement?
Mom: I have no clue what your talking about!
Rilyn: Mom Whose fish is that?
Mom: I dunno. Go ask Dad if he knows anything about it (I should also note that Cody had no clue the fish was in the basement)
-
Rilyn goes up stairs to ask Dad about the fish in the basement and he really is clueless so Rilyn's really getting bugged by us not knowing anything.
-
Mom brings fish out of basement and turns on the video camera for the next conversation.
-
Mom: Ok fine Rilyn its your fish but its supposed to be for your birthday. I told you not to go in the basement.
Rilyn: I know but I sneaked down there anyways.
Mom: Are you going to be sad on your birthday when you wake up and you don't have any presents because you already found it?
Rilyn: No. I'll be ok. Are you sure there are no other presents?
Mom: Yes. That was your present (my fingers may be been crossed)
Rilyn: Oh. Yeah I'll be ok.
Mom: Ok. Well if you change your mind I'm showing you this video to remind you that you said you would be fine.

0 comments: