Saturday, May 5, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Well this week was the official start to t-ball for us. Rilyn had her first game on Tuesday and she did so amazing!

I was so proud. She was chasing after balls and diving in front of balls.



She had some great hits too.

She was a natural ball player. Casen loves cheering on Sissy, as long as he has lots of snacks.
Her second game was on Thursday and that one she started out strong but had a small collision while playing short stop that kind of scared her. She was playing short stop and the girl on second started for third base and they collided and bounced off each other. Poor Rilyn I think was more embarrassed than anything else. She toughed it out though and played the rest of the game.
There may have been some daisy picking going on while she was in outfield so I guess she has some of my ball playing skills too (My dad told me that after coaching 1 season of my softball that he couldn't do it again because all the daisy picking drove him crazy, I guess boys don't do that kind of stuff). During the 2nd inning the coaches try pitching the balls to the kids rather than using the tees and Rilyn got a great hit!
I was so proud. I think the funniest part had to be during her teams last at bats. She was on third when the last batter came up and since its t-ball the last batter gets to run all the bases, anyways, the batter hit the ball and Rilyn casually strolled from third to home plate while the rest of us stood back yelling "RUN". I guess we'll have to work on that. I'm excited to see how she improves this season. She's really a natural and we're so proud of her! GO RILYN!

0 comments: