Saturday, June 8, 2013

Goodbye Med School, Hello Iowa

The ending of our crazy journey through medical school happened this week. Cody graduated from LECOM on Sunday and is now offically Dr. Breinholt.

 

Because he is such a smarty pants he was asked to carry a banner at graduation.
Check out those sexy white gloves. It was so great getting to see Ashlee and Cassidy again.
And of course their sweet babies. They are getting so big so fast. The whole group we started school with has changed so much.

We've gained babies and wives. These people are truely amazing and our lives are better because of them. I know that we will all have a place in each others lives because we formed our own family over the last 4 years. (Funny side story, during graduation I had to nurse the babies and that tends to take up lots of room and can result in me showing a little something I didn't want to show so I decided to try to nurse in the lobby where there weren't very many people. Unfortunately the benches were super slippery and the boys and I were having some trouble. Luckily I have super awesome friends who also happened to be in the lobby who didn't mind helping out by propping up the boys for me. And thanks Cassidy for documenting it!
)Sunday night after graduation, Cody and Frank jumped in the car and headed to Scranton to go get our stuff. Debbie and I spent Sunday night in Erie and took off toward Iowa bright and early Monday morning. The boys did awesome and the 10 hour drive ended up taking 14 hours because of stops but it wasn't too bad.



Cody and Frank's 14 hour drive took about 16 hours but we all made it safe and sound. Tuesday morning we met our realtor at the house to do a walk through and we thought we were going to close on the house but some stuff came up and we had to wait until that afternoon to sign paperwork. Luckily we were able to start moving in while we were waiting. We love our new house!
The yard needs some TLC but it will be prefect in no time. Frank and Debbie ended up heading back to Arizona on Wednesday afternoon. We are so grateful for their help. We couldn't have done it without them. Come back and see us soon Breinholts! Grandma, Grandpa, Rilyn and Casen showed up Wednesday night and we were so excited to see them and show the kids their new rooms. While Erin and Harry were here there were several trips to Lowes and Walmart and furniture shopping. (Thanks for all the stuff guys) Mom and Dad leave Sunday and we're really going to miss them too. I'm so grateful that we have such amazing families that help us so much and that made this move possible. I'm going to have to do a post of just what Grandma and Grandpa and Rilyn and Casen did on their drive out because they had a BLAST! Now back to moving!

0 comments: