Saturday, June 22, 2013

Grandma's Here

This week we spent some time getting to know where we live a little better. One of the main roads in Iowa City is called Mormon Trek which I think is pretty cool.

It got its name because the Mormon hand carts came through Iowa on their way to Utah. Iowa City was pretty much their starting point. Pretty cool. There are lots of neat church history things over here so if anyone wants a tour come see us! I got my new jogging stroller this week so the boys and I had to try it out.
 They both enjoyed the ride but I think they will like it a little better when they can sit up on their own. While we were trying it out the big kids played at this awesome park that is right around the corner from our house.
Its pretty cool and HUGE! Anyways, during my run I noticed what looked like a lawn decoration in someones yard
...until it moved
...and jumped over the neighbors fence.
Crazy. Oh and of course the highlight of the week... GRANDMA CAME TO VISIT!
The kids loved getting to spend the weekend with Grandma. Especially since Grandma= new toys! Rilyn ended the weekend with a new slip n slide which she loves!
She is pretty funny to watch because she will run up to it, stop, and then throw herself down. Cody is trying to teach her to skip the stop. While Grandma was here we went to check out a store called Menards. Its a pretty cool place.
Casen found this riding lawn mower and of course jumped right on it.
The best part, he put on his sunglasses and yelled out of my way or I'll run you over! Crazy Boy! Come see us again soon Grandma! We have your room ready and waiting!

0 comments: