Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cabin Fever

This year for the 4th of July we decided to head up north to the Breinholt's cabin. Apparently our family thinks alike because all of our family was there. It was AWESOME! It was a little crowded with all 32 of us there but it was so fun to spend time with everyone (especially because Cody and I leave in 2 weeks!!) and to see Rilyn play with all of her cousins. Its so fun to see her interact now that she knows whats going on and can keep up. The big girls just love to keep her busy. We went to the ShowLow parade on the 4th. It was cute to see a small town parade. One of the floats was for a family that had over 100 grandkids (greats and great greats included). I told my sister in law that some day her parents were going to need something like that. Cody and I also got to go on a zip line that one of his cousins installed at his cabin. Its HUGE!! You climb way up high (as you can see) and they claim you get going 40 miles per hour. This is me in the white shirt at the end of my ride. Heres Cody stepping off the platform.
I don't know if I got going that fast but it was such a cool experience. I really enjoyed showing up my husband by jumping off the platform and not just scooting off. They had a small zip line for the kids so I thought Rilyn needed to go on it. I went on it with her. She wasn't too sure but I think she enjoyed it (ok so maybe she screamed but sometimes you scream when you're having fun). We skipped the fireworks this year because Rilyn fell asleep too early. She probably wouldn't have liked them anyways, she HATES loud noises. We also got to go on a few quad rides (hopefully our last ones because we need to sell that before we leave). Rilyn wasn't too sure about the rides but she still went. I'm so glad that it was such a fun trip and that we were able to spend time with our family before we leave. I'm going to miss everyone so much and Rilyn is really going to miss all of her cousins! Next week we get to go on a camping trip with my family. I can't wait to sleep in the tent and make s'mores.

1 comments:

Josh & Elise said...

Hey! We were up there this weekend too. One of my friends from work invited us up to their cabin in Pinetop Lakeside. It was so nice. That was a an awesome family float huh! The grandma was so cute and petite. Anyway, glad you had a good time!