Friday, January 15, 2010

New Year, New Us

Well its 2010 already (and yes I know my last post was done in 2010 as well but it was about Christmas so it doesn't really count). Since we've been home our activites have been pretty limited. We're SURROUNDED by snow and Rilyn only lasts outside for about 20 minutes at a time. I don't blame her 20 degrees is really cold! So, you may ask, what have you been doing? Well we've been playing lots of games. The princess' current favorites are Cootie Bug (which she ALWAYS wins), Hi Ho Cherry O, and her Princess Fishing game (think of the classic fishing game where the fish go around in a circle and randomly jump up and open their mouths only with jewels). I think she mainly likes the noise because I am the one who ends up catching all the "fish". We've also been doing lots of puzzles. Rilyn's favorite part of that is dumping them on the ground and then breaking them once I put them together. Oh and of course we've been watching lots of movies and reading books. We also have been exercising a lot (which thanks to the snow means we use workout dvds). Rilyn loves to try to do it with me and laugh at me when I do something she thinks funny (very motivational right there). She also tries to steal my weights and bands and climb on me. It makes for a very interesting workout. As long as it keeps me from gaining a hundred pounds this winter its worth it! Another little hobby that has definately become more than a hobby since moving here is baking/cooking. This week I made HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE! It took me 4 hours but its dang good sauce and it made some AWESOME baby back ribs! We were all very impressed. Next week Cody has his white coat ceremony (the school presents the future Drs with their first white coats). I'm excited to go cheer him on. Hes a very hard worker and we're very proud of him.

1 comments:

Jensen Family said...

20 degrees!! holy cold!! and congrats to cody on the white coat thing! so exciting!!