Friday, January 22, 2010

White Coat

Well this week was pretty uneventful. I moved all of Rilyn's toys out of her bedroom and put them on a shelf in one of the main rooms. I figure that its going to be easier if I slowly change things rather than wait until a few weeks before the baby comes and rocks her world - I have one big goal per month leading up to baby so its a long gradually change for Ri. So far shes really liking her toys being out there because its where she usually plays anyways. Its working for me because then I only have toys in one room of the house and its easier to keep clean (well as clean as my 2 year old lets it be). The next move for Rilyn's room is her dresser. I'm trying to make room for a crib and another small dresser so I have some rearranging to do. The kids are going to have to share a room until we can move into a bigger house (hopefully we get into a bigger house soon). The baby will probably sleep nights in a pack and play in a different room until its sleeping longer periods but during the day it'll sleep in the crib for naps. On that exciting note we find out what we're having on the 29th. I'm so excited!! I have no idea what I'm having but Ri keeps telling me the baby in my tummy is a boy. We'll see if shes right. If its a boy he better like pink cause we have a lot of pink around here. Friday was my friend Ashlee's birthday so Ri and I made her cookies. While I was decorating Ash's cookies Ri was making her own. Does that not looks like diabetes on a plate?!? I threw it away before she could eat too much of it don't worry. Friday night the girls got to have a girls night and go see a movie so Ri stayed home with Dad while I went to see Sherlock Holmes. Its always fun to get out for a little fun time! On Saturday, Cody had his White Coat ceremony. Cody wasn't too sure why they would celebrate this like a graduation when he was just starting school but it was fun to go cheer him on. It was at the convention center down on the water and the lake was FROZEN! The little dark blocks on the water are little huts/tents for ice fishing. Crazy huh? These are some of our friends in Erie. Doesn't he look all official? Afterwards we went to Applebees for dinner (gotta love giftcards). It was a fun day. The highlight for next week: ULTRASOUND!!

3 comments:

Ash said...

wow you are a fast blogger. that all happened like 20 minutes ago! Thanks again for the cookies

The Read Family said...

Congrats Ashley!! I'm so excited for you! Rilyn is going to be such a great big sis!! Can't wait to hear what you're having! Oh, and congrats to Cody too, he looks spiffy in his white coat!! Hope everything goes well with the ultrasound!

*Becky* said...

Wow I didn't know you were having another baby! congrats!! Idk if I missed the post, but yay!! Hope you're feeling good. And congrats to Cody for getting his white coat