Friday, January 29, 2010

ULTRASOUND!!

Well this week was pretty much the usual. It got super cold again and started snowing. I'm kinda bummed because almost all of the snow from before was gone and I was thinking winter wasn't going to be so bad. WRONG! Its back! And to top that off on Wednesday my heater stopped working. I was so cold. I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I just kept trying to get it to turn on and failed everytime. I finally called the rental company (I felt like a total lamo for doing it too because they had to replace my hot water heater last week) and they sent someone out. Something called a flame sensor or something like that was super dirty so he cleaned it off and now I have heat. The bad part, because I waited so long to call it was like 55 in the house! I was so upset about being cold that I might have cried. (I'm pregnant and emotional DONT JUDGE ME!!) Anyways, on a happier note I had my first ultrasound on Friday. Rilyn was super excited to see the baby. She had been asking if she could see the baby so finally I could say yes. Rilyn has been telling me for the past little while that the baby in my tummy is a boy and the baby in her tummy is a girl. (Cody's not too sure about her saying this but I'd say shes super normal because I remember walking around with baby dolls in my shirt when my mom was pregnant with my brother.) I was trying to videotape and take pictures at the same time so some of the pictures aren't that great. Cody had class so he couldn't make it but heres what we know...
We're right on track for measurements so my due date is for sure July 1st. My baby is very active and sitting really low (not the most comfortable for me). We got a great profile shot and they used the 3d ultrasound for a face shot. I think it looks like Rilyn. And for the most important part...

Thats right. We're having a BOY!! We are so excited!! I have to get started on making some boy bedding for my crib but its gonna be fun! Rilyn was really really excited to watch the ultrasound and afterwards kept asking me where her baby was and telling me she wanted to see the baby! So cute. Shes going to be such a great big sister.

6 comments:

Sessions Family said...

Congrats on your boy! Thats exciting, one of each now. :) I told Jon we need to have another girl to even things out, but he is dead set on having a vasectomy lol. I love my boys though so I'll just have to be satisfied with Hailey being the only girl. By the way I hate being cold too. At least you got your heat back on.

Jensen Family said...

so exciting! i find it funny that both rilyn and brylee said we were having boys but they were having girls. they knew we were having boys.. even though they obviously both wanted sisters, hence why they gave them self girls in their own tummies! crazy. they seem a lot a like :) congrats on the boy.. one of each is so fun!! ri will be such a good big sis!

Julie said...

Congratulations! I didn't even know you were having a baby. I am so excited! And Gracie did the EXACT same thing that Rilyn is doing. She hasn't stopped talking about the babies in her tummy and one day got really mad at me because I wouldn't take her to the hospital to get her baby out. Congrats again!

Samantha said...

Congrats! It's always fun to find out the sex of the baby (not that I would know from personal experience but it's still fun to watch friends find out)! Sorry to hear about the heat. Hope you stay warm now that it's fixed!

Your Mom said...

Can I pick his name?

Colby and Malea said...

Congrats! That is very exciting!!