Friday, February 19, 2010

Nesting, Nemo, and Nursing the Sick

This week was crazy! Since Monday was President's Day and that means great day for shopping a few of us hopped in the cars and drove to the outlet mall. It was so much fun and I got some AMAZING deals!! I got tons of clothes for "baby brother" and some size 4 stuff for Rilyn (I can't believe that I'm shopping in the big kids section for her now!) Rilyn's favorite thing about shopping was the dog at old navy.I wish I would have taken a picture of all of my spoils. Cody was in shock when I walked in the house. I also got the Big Sister shirt that matches the Little Brother onesie that Ri picked out. I can't wait to take their pictures in them! Ashlee and Cassidy tried to bring back the Elmer Fudd look. I think they nailed it! Monday night we had a fun fondu party with some of our friends. It was so fun to get together! I love excuses to get together with other grown ups for something other than playdates. The rest of the week was pretty low key because we all ended up with colds. Rilyn and Cody got it the worst so luckily I was able to still take care of things around here. On Saturday, Rilyn and I went to go see Finding Nemo on Ice because Ri got a free ticket through the library. We had awesome seats (like 5 rows back from the ice) and Rilyn totally loved it! I'm not really sure if I consider all of my redecorating/reorganizing "nesting" but I've been working on lots of things. This last week I was able to move Rilyn's room around to get ready for her to share the room. She actually pretty excited for her brother to share her room with her. I also changed her toys around again because the shelf I had them on was too tall and making me nervous (Rilyn likes to get things herself and I didn't want the shelf to fall on her). Rilyn and I are also working on growing some flowers (since the snow killed all of mine outside) and they just started sprouting through. So exciting! I'm just happy I haven't killed them yet. We also got a new tv stand (thank you tax return) because ours was just an old bookshelf and didn't look like it could hold the tv much longer. Hopefully this new one lasts a long time and helps keep the kids out of my dvds/cds. I'm actually really happy about it because its the first one we've ever owned (our last house was too small and when we moved here we were on a budget). Hopefully Cody and Ri start feeling better soon and I don't get any more sick.

1 comments:

Frankie and Krista said...

You need to come nest at my house. HAHAHA Ri looks like a mannequin in the top picture. Too cute!