Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fun Outside - FINALLY!

This week we were finally able to spend some time outside thanks to the amazing weather we've been having! The snow is currently all melted (in our yard at least) and we are so hoping it stays gone. We were able to go on our first walk of the year. Lola got all nice and muddy but we all enjoyed it. We could get to the bbq to make some yummy shish ka bobs. Rilyn helped her daddy grill in shorts. (thats my crazy kid walking around in the snow in her shorts!) Because of the snow melting we could finally see the ground and it was in need of some work. Rilyn and I spent a lot of time cleaning up dead plants and raking up mushy leaf messes. The yard is looking so much better. Rilyn got her own gardening tools to keep her busy while I work and they sure did their job. She spent an hour one day just digging in the dirt and then an hour the next day making piles of snow in the back yard. She also finally got to start working on her sidewalk art that she loves so much. I also worked on making a planter in the back yard where the neighbors driveway hangs over. I can't wait for it to be warm enough for there to be pretty flowers. Hopefully I'll have so luck and actually be able to grow something. I hope it keeps warming up around here. I'm ready to spend a lot of time outside! In other news, My baby brother turned 21 this week! I'm bummed we couldn't be there to celebrate with him. Happy Brithday Cody! I don't care how old you are you'll always be my baby brother. This next week should be fun. Cody's birthday is on Tuesday! So far nothing exciting is planned because hes only turning 29 and he says its not a big deal (I guess that means next year I get to go crazy!)

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

it still looks cold to me! but i'm glad its melting away for you guys :) i'm sure its much more fun knowing you CAN go outside huh?

Rachelle Palmer said...

yay!!!! we are getting ready to turn on the A/C here!!! 85 degrees baby!!!