Saturday, November 6, 2010

Boogers

This week we've been dealing with lots and lots of boogers! We all have colds and it is no fun. Theres just something about this time of year that makes everyone sick. Oh well. Since we've all been a little under the weather we've spent a lot of time inside and we've gone a little crazy! Rilyn and Casen have been playing games to keep themselves busy. His favorite was when she decided to play soccer with his blocks.
Casen is still eating like a champ. I've been mixing a little bit of baby food with his cereal to introduce him to different flavors. So far hes had bananas, apple sauce, squash, and green beans.
He loves it all! Hes such a good eater! Hes also totally mastered rolling now and can go any direction when ever her wants. His favorite time to roll is when hes sleeping. He has decided to be a stomach sleeper.
I will lay him down the right way on his back and when I go check on him he'll be on his stomach so I flip him back over and then the next time I go to check on him hes back on his tummy! If hes laying on the floor and gets tired he will roll onto his tummy so he can fall asleep. Such a stinker!! Hes just like his sister. She was and still is a tummy sleeper. I guess my kids have never read anything on the safe way to sleep. Speaking of sleep, Rilyn figured out that Case is a very sound sleeper and decided to position him and his toys while he was sleeping.
She thought he needed his arms around Woody and Jessie. She's such a sweet big sister. She's my big helper. She has started getting herself ready for bed because I'm usually trying to get Casen ready for bed at the same time. This was what she picked out to sleep in the other day.
I died laughing! Good thing she wasn't going to leave the house! I was able to meet my goal of running 30 miles this week!! I'm pretty happy about that! It was hard work but it's paying off big time. I'm in second place in my biggest loser competition right now! GO ME! This week we also made a "Thankful Tree" to help us get ready for Thanksgiving. Everyday we are writing one thing we are thankful for on a leaf and sticking it to the tree.
I was so proud when I asked Rilyn what she wanted on her first leaves and she said "My family and Jesus" without even having to think about it. She is such a sweet little girl. She is a great example to me and her Dad and her brother.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Cute cute post. I loved Rilyn's PJ's. And I like your tree. What a good idea!

Knee High Girl said...

That tress is a great idea. All 4 of kids were tummy sleepers, must run in the family!

Knee High Girl said...

I just noticed i am logged in as sera. So these posts are from krista!hahaha