Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we kept it pretty simple. I ran in the Turkey Trot that morning and IT WAS SO COLD!! My car said it was 38 degrees when I got there.
It was also raining and windy. I'm amazed I didn't freeze to death before I made it back to the car. My time was 1 hour 2 minues and 6 seconds (thats 2 minutes faster than my last 10K). I was pretty happy about that. We went to our friends the Haslams for Thanksgiving dinner and had a lot of fun with our friends.
I made this super yummy peanut butter pie (it was almost totally dairy free except for the cool whip stuff which isn't cool whip its called something else and its considered dairy free except for one milk protein thats in it).
There was one little piece of pie left by the end of the night so I think it was a hit. I did the rolls too and introduced everyone to sweet potato biscuts. They all thought I was nuts until they tried them. I highly recommend them if you've never eaten one. It was a great Thanksgiving and we are truely thankful for all of our family and our friends who are like our family out here.

0 comments: