Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Since Valentine's Day was this week I thought I would focus on the loves of my life. I got to kick off the week with one of my more recently found loves, running. On Sunday I ran in a prediction race (that means they told me the distance would be somewhere between 4-6 miles and I had to predict my pace per mile and the closest person wins) and I came in 3rd!!

I predicted my pace per mile would be 9 minutes 40 seconds and it was actually 9 minutes 42 seconds (and the distance ended up being 5.06 miles). The race course ended up being almost completely ice which was very interesting. I almost fell a million times. It was worth it though. It feels so awesome to run and do something just for me. Monday was the DAY OF LOVE and the kids woke up to find little love notes in their mailboxes.
I found candy hearts in Spanish and had to get them for Cody.


I decided to make as many heart things as I could so for breakfast we had pink, heart shaped pancakes
and for dinner I made mac and cheese with heart shaped noodles.


It was a fun love filled day. Another thing I love is color, especially because of how long we have to go in Erie before we see any color. Don't get me wrong, I love our winter. Snow is beautiful and there are so many fun things to go with snow and it also gives us an excuse to cuddle on the couch and watch movies. Anyways, back to the color, my sweet little loves helped me make these fun tissue paper balls to bring some color to the house.
Rilyn helped me clean out my silk flowers and made a pretty rainbow wreath (which she has now taken apart several times).

Now onto my most important loves. Rilyn is such a little princess. She makes my life so happy. She is the best big sister and such an independent little girl. Some of the things shes done this week alone to make me smile are wallpapering my fridge with her pretty pictures
and she got herself a snack of strawberries. While the second doesn't sound too impressive let me explain. She wanted strawberries that I had just bought from the store so she got the carton out of the fridge and took it to the bathroom sink to wash it (she can't reach the kitchen sink) and then brought it out to the tv room to share with me while I fed the baby. I had no clue she was getting them she totally surprised me. My other little love, Casen, makes me smile just by looking at me. He is so sweet and has the cutest smile. This week he mastered pulling himself up on things
and more of his tooth came in.
Hes actually the only one who gave me a valentines day present (although if it had a reciept I would return it). No I'm not a mean Mom he just barfed on me again, luckily not on my face this time though. And for my other love, Cody. I love him because of how hard he works for our future and for how much he loves our family. Rilyn loves to play with Daddy as soon as he walks in the door and she wants to spend as much time as she can with Daddy. Casen loves to play with Daddy too and can't wait until he big enough to keep up with everyone. I hope everyone felt very loved this week as well.

0 comments: