We had a very busy and very fun week! We looked at our calendar and figured out that this was our last weekend to go out with our friends because the next few weekends we're going on trips and then we're leaving (CRAZY!!). Since we have such little time we tried to see our friends as much as possible. On Thursday we were able to go to the lake with my parents.
It was our first trip of the summer and our last. How sad! Rilyn wasn't too sure about the water and she was ok in the boat as long as Grandma was holding her. I really wanted to do some wake boarding so I got out in the water and I forgot that I'm not 16 and ended up crashing BIG!! It was bad. I face planted so hard that I now have a black eye and then my board, while still attached to my feet, came up behind me and cracked me in the head by my forehead. I thought I had cracked my head open it hit so hard but luckily it didn't bleed but for some weird reason I now have a scab there. Needless to say that was my last ride. I guess I didn't look so good after the crash because I just laid in the water floating so my dad told Cody he needed to jump in and swim me back. He must love me a lot because he didn't even want to get in the water but he jumped in no problem and even offered to take my board off so I didn't have to move.
After we made it back to the docks we had a bbq and these cute little baby ducks swam by so we let Rilyn feed them. She got a kick out of that.
On Saturday I was able to go to breakfast with my friends Chelsea and Jennifer.
It was so fun to get to catch up. We have such busy lives that its hard to find a time when we can get together. I'm glad we were able to do one last breakfast and hope we get to do the girls night we want to do. Saturday night we went out with our friends Josh and Elise.
It was fun to get to catch up with them too. It seems like life is always too busy around here. Josh is going to start applying for med school this year. We are really pushing for LECOM for them too so we won't be alone but I'm sure he'll do great where ever they go.
On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day. We kept it pretty simple around here. Rilyn and I made Cody breakfast and then we relaxed until it was time for church. After church we went over to my grandpas house for a great dinner with family. Rilyn got to spend some time playing with my cousin's kids Bella and Erik.
They're too cute!
I'm so greatful for the wonderful dad that I have and for the great men in my life. Both of my grandpa's growing up were great examples and awesome to be around. My dad is so caring and funny and just a goof ball. You can't help but have fun around him. He is such a great grandpa to Rilyn. Cody is a great dad and a great husband. I'm so happy that he is able to spend this time with us now before school starts and it gets crazy around here. Cody's dad is also a great guy. He is such a good grandpa and loves to play with his grandkids. I'm so glad that Rilyn get to have so many great examples of dads/grandpas/uncles in her lives. I love you Dad and Grandpa and Cody and Frank! You guys are all awesome!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment