Sunday, August 1, 2010

Catching Up

Well since I haven't posted anything about what we've been up to since the grandparents left I get to play catch up. Rilyn has gotten to play with her new friends Mae and Beck a few times. She loves playing with them. They have a lot of fun together. Cody and I really have fun with Nate and Teresa too. Cody and Nate both have Slash Trucks and have been getting some quality time in before school starts and the toys get put away. It fun to get to know new people and who knows maybe someday we'll all end up back in Mesa together. We had a garage sale (forgot to take pictures though). I finally have the crap out of my basement and we made $100. I call it a success. Rilyn has been earning allowance for doing her chores and earned enough money for a new Thomas train set. She's loving getting to play with it and was very excited to use her money to buy it. Casen turned one month on the 28th. I can't believe hes already a month old. He is so wonderful and we love him lots! On Saturday we had a little BBQ with the other second years to celebrate their last weekend of freedom. Forgot to take pictures but had a lot of fun. Today we blessed Casen at church. Cody did a great job and we felt very blessed to have so many friends in the circle - Steve Olsen, Mike Lundberg, Smitty Meads, Isaac Thimmesch, Dave Young, Andy Ewell, and Nate Haslam (the last 2 guys plus the bishopric didn't make it into the picture). Rilyn was too funny during the blessing. She got really excited when she could hear Cody's voice on the microphone and started saying really loud "thats my Dad" "thats Daddy" "My daddy's in the black pants" It was pretty funny! Then after the blessing Bishop said that he could tell Casen was a very strong spirit and told me "Good Luck!" I think I might be in trouble. Thats 2 "strong spirited" children I have. I think its a good thing that they have strong spirit though because they're going to need them. This world keeps getting crazier! I just had to share a couple of random pictures. Both of my kids love their swings (Rilyn wants to be outside on her swing set all day and Casen loves to nap in his swing). I also had to show how much Casen looks like his daddy. They even sleep alike. Thats 2 kids that look like Cody! I do all the work and he get the credit! Figures!

2 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

he is such a cutie!! I just want to eat those cheeks.

Jensen Family said...

awe he is so cute!!!