Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gingerbread Houses!

We are getting so excited for Christmas over here! Every morning Rilyn wakes up and asks if its Christmas (she is so excited to open the MOUNTAIN of presents that are under the tree). Every year it seems like Christmas with kids gets more and more fun. Especially since now Rilyn gets whats going on. This week we made gingerbread houses as a family.

We each got our own house and then tried to one up each other with the decorations. Rilyns we just cover in frosting and let her go to town. Cody and I are a bit more competitive so it can get pretty intense. I think Cody spent like 20 minutes on his roof alone and don't even get me started on the icicles! (Which he told me not to copy) Then theres my house thats pretty boring. Maybe next year when Casen can make his own and I don't have to supervise him I'll be able to do more. Heres how I'm describing all of the houses:
Rilyn's house reminds me of the white trash person in the neighborhood. The one with plies of stuff everywhere and crazy random Christmas decorations that probably stay up all year cause theres too many to take down and redo each year. She has a chimney and the green thing with a toothpick on the roof she called a speaker but Cody and I are pretty sure she means antenna.
Cody's house is the one that will cause a neighborhood blackout. There are so many colors on this bad boy you almost need sunglasses to look at it. The roof is covered in different colors and he made icicles and two different colored shutters.
Ashley's house is the boring one. Its plain white with minimal lights, a chimney (which I made) and the only other decorations are the window shutters (yeah just FYI that was MY idea that Cody stole after telling me not to steal the icicles - like I said its competitive).
This is such a fun family tradition and I can't wait to do it next year!

0 comments: