Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our 1st White Christmas

This was our first Christmas on our own (last year we flew home for Christmas) and while we really really missed our families back home we loved getting to make our own traditions for our family. We played in the snow,
made cookies for Santa,
put out magic reindeer food,
read the story of Christs birth in the scriptures and waited for Santa to come! After we read the scriptures we were talking to Rilyn about making Jesus happy and she said "Jesus likes pancakes". Shes a crack up. On Christmas morning we woke up to stockings full of goodies and a HUGE pile of presents.
We were totally and completely spoiled this year.
I think that our families are trying not to let our kids know that were on a med school budget! We had so many presents that before we made it to the end Rilyn said "I'm done Mommy, no more presents". It was so funny! The kids got so many fun toys and cute clothes. Rilyn got some fun dress up stuff that she shared with Daddy and Casen.
The kids got to spend a lot of time with Daddy since he's finally got a break from school.
They have been loving every minute with him. For Christmas dinner I decided to make tamales because I grew up eating tamales for dinner in Mexico.
Oh my gosh was it hard work! It took me hours to roll them and steam them. I'm thinking that I'm only going to be making them once a year! By the time bedtime came around we had two cute, tired kidos.
At church today we realized that it was Rilyns last day in nursery!
Next week she will officially be in primary. I can't believe my baby is that big already! And speaking of big babies...
This little Stud is going to be 6 months on Tuesday. Where is the time going?

0 comments: