Thursday, December 30, 2010

Casen is 6 months!

Wow I can not believe how fast time is flying!! My baby is 6 months old already! I swear we were just leaving the hospital with him

and now hes rolling around all over the place and scooting himself in circles.
Hes is the most perfect baby of all times! I thought I had a great baby when I had Rilyn (and I did she was pretty close to perfect too) but this guy is not only happy all the time, hes also easy going and a great eater. Hes been sleeping through the night for like 2 months now (HEAVEN) and he takes one nice big 2 hour long nap in the afternoons.
He LOVES food. His favorite at the moment is graham crackers - I think because he can do it himself and he doesn't have to wait for me - but he loves just about anything else I give him. We went to the doctor just before Christmas and he is 27.25 inches long (79%) and weights 17 lbs 3oz (46%). Cody and I wanted to see how that compared to Rilyn and found out that Casen is an inch taller and a pound heaver than she was at this age. He also had to get 3 shots and hes such a sweet little guy that he was even smiling at the nurse before she left the room. We had some fun and took his 6 month pictures today.
I love that even when hes tired like he was today he's still so smiley and sweet!
4 weeks
 3 months6 months

This will be my last post of the year. I can't believe that another year has gone by. It seems like the older we get the faster time seems to move, which is funny because I can remember being younger and wishing that time would speed up and it never seemed to move fast enough and now its moving too fast and I'm wishing it would slow down. I guess you just have to make the most of what you have! This year has been a great year for our family. We've grown to love Erie and our friends out here. Cody has been doing GREAT in school. We moved (for the second summer in a row). Our family grew thanks to Casen. Rilyn started preschool (CRAZY). Rilyn started gymnastics. We got to go to Niagara Falls and Kirtland, twice. Both sets of grandparents came to visit. The kids and I got to go to Arizona. We found out that we're moving AGAIN next summer (watch out SCRANTON here we come). I found out that I really like running. And we became even stronger as a family. This next year should be another great year for us. Cody starts his third year of med school in June. We're looking forward to that because he'll be doing rotations which means that the rest of us should hopefully get to see him more. We're moving to the other side of PA so we'll get to see a different part of this great state we're growing to love (and some of our friends are moving with us so it will be even more fun). I'm setting my goals high and hopefully going to run the Steamtown Marathon (in Scranton) in October! Hopefully 10 months will give me enough time to really train so I can run it with a decent time.  There are a few other runs I'm planning to do as well but thats my BIG one. As for what else this next year has in store for us, bring it on! We're excited and ready to see where life's journey takes us and are happy we get to do it together as a family.

0 comments: